Thursday, September 24, 2009

Three for the Road?!?

Hi Everyone ……. :)

It’s another glorious day. We’ve been getting some rain on and off; just enough to get things wet then it backs off for awhile. I love the smell, pure and fresh.
Kathy just got done checking with unemployment to see if they had any prospects matching her resume’ so I thought I would take my turn at the computer and add some inspirationals. I looked through my book of about 30 that I have written and decided, with the Holy Spirits help of course, on three that we feel should come next on this thing they call a blog. I have them in order that they were written but for you to get a better feel for what has happened to me and what I am praying will help you find that thing that is missing in your life right now, I have asked the Holy Spirit to help me place them in the perfect order for you to read.
Have you ever tried to type, or even think about what you wanted to say when tears filled your eyes and flowed down your cheeks? “The Old Man is Dead” by Del Way, does it to me every time. I guess you could say I do connect with that song. Just one of many.
Ok, back to the inspirationals, words to think about. They are all pretty much self explanatory as to why they were written. If you do have any questions and/or comments please feel free, I will read each and every one of them and answer all questions to the best of my ability.

(#1)

Through My Mind’s Eye
Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Edited by Jesus Christ

My Own Little World

As I sat in church last night listening to our pastor, fidgeting, trying to get comfortable because of one pain or another, the Holy Spirit told me WHY!
Almost at the end of our pastor’s message is when I heard what was meant for me, personally.
I have been struggling with what I can write about next for an inspirational and it is because of all these great testimonies and other inspirational’s I’ve been reading. I have mentally beat myself up thinking that my little inspirational’s are not as powerful as what I have been reading, failing to remember and understand that it was and is the Holy Spirit that helps me put them together.
What’s next? I have no idea. And I find myself getting frustrated sometimes when it doesn’t happen when I think it should. Now I don’t remember exactly what was said but it had to do with my little world and the others I touch and the steps I must take for God to grace me with the next level / phase that he has planned for me. When and where that will happen only God knows and it is up to me, no matter how insignificant I may think it is where I am on my ladder to the top. I know right now that I must have and show more faith in my Lord and he has put me here for a purpose, his will not mine.
Part of last night’s message was on John 14:1-4 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that were I am, there you may be also. 4 And were I go you know, and the way you know.”
My place here on earth is simple. I feel more at home and at peace with Jesus and our Father God in a log cabin out in the woods than I would in a mansion in the city. And if we stop and think about it, it does not matter if we bed down on leaves and pine needles or a down filled mattress, Jesus is with us always.
So right now I am happy that the Holy Spirit guides me in my little endeavors’ to bring you these inspirational’s. Waiting for God to show me my next step, praying that my inner ear is tuned in to listen for what He has planned for me.
In Jesus’ name, Thank You.


(#2)
The Fence
By
Bradley C. Barnett

When we come into this world we are as pure and innocent as a clear sweet mountain spring. As we grow, that spring becomes a babbling brook, then a crooked little creak and into a winding stream, ever growing as we make our trip through our young life. At one point in our journey we are finally connected to the main worldly river that seems to flow on forever. We encounter the rapids and waterfalls of everyday living, beautiful but dangerous and we try our best to dodge the rocks through the rapids and look for that soft landing as we go over the falls, so that we may enjoy the peaceful flow through the meadows.
Along our journey we see ugly, bad and good things that change our direction from time to time and as we grow we build our fence. A fence that, for some reason is never quit high enough; we can always see what’s on the other side. Some of us even sit upon that fence, not quite sure about one side or the other. Wanting to jump down on the good side of life but being urged to explore the ugly bad side. Whether it be made of wood or stones it makes no difference, your fence is your fence and no others.
I sat upon my fence for a very long time until one day an open door appeared and I jumped down to see where it lead. For some reason I did not hesitate, I walked right through that open door, right into the arms of Jesus. He had been patiently waiting for me and when he heard my heart crying out for reassurance, understanding and love he was there, door wide open with outstretched arms to hold and comfort me. It was like a bear hug, strong but gentle, secure and shielded from everything bad and ugly.
My fence, with his help, is being built higher so that I will not be able to climb up on or over it ever again. I will still be able to see the other side, to keep me aware of the ugly bad things coming my way and that’s the way Jesus wants it, so I won’t be blindsided and I can direct it all to him to take care of.
When I walked through that door and wept in his arms I knew right then that the trip down the river, through the rapids and over the falls, that when I make that final bend in the river, there is the calm sea waiting to embrace me with all HIS GLORY. Thank You Jesus for all you have done, all that you do and all that you will do.

(#3)
The Hands We are Blessed With

Are you here to see what life has to offer you, or what you have to offer life?
I read a very touching story recently about an old woman in her winter years of life explaining to her daughter why she was staring at her hands and how they served her throughout her years. Where she had been and the ruggedness of life. Of everything that her hands had done, she knew that it would be those hands that God would reach out and take when it was her time for him to lead her home so she could touch the face of Christ.
As I read, I looked at my hands, once hard and callused, now turning soft and gentle. All the trouble they got me into and all the trouble they got me out of. I thought of my favorite hymn, “How Great thou Art” and the verse that says; “Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;”, And I realized at that moment, it is not I, it was/is he, God Almighty that blessed me with the talent of using my hands in many different ways. Not just to take care of myself and my family but to help others whose talents may differ from mine.
Jesus always had and still does, have his hands extended out for us to grab onto. All we have to do is trust in him and have faith that he won’t let go. My hands no longer work like they use to but I am thankful for the good that they have done and blessed that they still know how to fold in prayer.
Take a few minutes and really look at your hands. What have they done for another lately? “Give and you shall be given”, not just spiritually but with a kind lending hand as needed, asking nothing nor expecting anything in return. Because it’s not just the tithes or offerings we give to God through the Church, it’s the physical labor and time that we give to others that we will receive many folds over.
I thank God that my hands are still able to bang out these words to you that the Holy Spirit has helped me put together. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen


Well, there they are. I pray that there is something there that will trigger a nerve. If not, that’s ok, maybe next time.

Remember - - JLY & MGBYAKY
Love to All Skippy/Cochise

1 comment:

  1. Those are good Skippy. I particularly like the one about Hands. I love the song "The Touch of the Master's Hand" and your article reminds me of that song...and the idea of the song. That no matter what the outer appearance is,it's what's inside that counts. Even the old, dirty violin sounded beautiful in the Master's Hands. So too with me. It's only when I'm not in His Hands that I don't shine like that light on a hill.

    Keep up the great writing. Shalom, Spitfire

    ReplyDelete