Monday, September 21, 2009

Dear Kathy Tuesday 03 July 2007

I have a little story that I believe has affected me in a big way that I would like to share with you. It happened today between noon and 2:30 pm.
I left the house about noon to go get the mail and head toward Cameron to look for that camera shop. The shop was supposed to be located next to the VFW Hall on 190, right in the bend of the road. Well it wasn't there so I pulled out of the hall parking lot headed back home when right there were those used cars are I saw an Antique sign. I guess I went about a mile thinking about turning around and out of the blue I did just that. The antique place was out of business but I talked to a nice gentleman that was selling the used cars for about 15 to 20 minutes and he pointed me down the road on the other side of the VFW hall and said to look for a saddle maker's shop where he thought there is an antique shop also. I pulled into the parking lot and noticed the saddle maker's sign but I didn't see anything about antiques. Anyway, I turned off the engine and sat there for a couple of minutes and then dicided to leave. I started the truck and backed out a ways and then pulled right back in. I was thinking, well maybe this person could point me in the right direction. Little did I know that the direction I was taking was one that the Lord was taking me. We talked for a little while and for some reason the conversation lead towards the Lord and Jesus. I don't know wh but I felt very comfortable talking with this total stranger about the Bible, the Lord, Jesus, and how they affect our lives. It was actually very pleasant to talk with him and I enjoyed it. When I was getting ready to leave so he could get back to work he stopped me and told me that when I first walked in, the Lord had told him that I need help and he gave me what he had in his wallet, this $25.00. He had me in tears because at no time did I even hint about needing money, all I told him was that I had some things that I didn't need anymore and was looking for a place I might get a few bucks for them. As he was digging through his wallet I had the urge to just turn and leave but my feet were glued to the floor. I could not reach out my hand and take the kindness that he was offering, so he put it in my t-shirt pocket. I couldn't even look at it until I got home. This man has reassured me that there are still some good people around. I hadn't meant one in a very long time. He invited me to church this Sunday and I think that I would like to go. It is the church right before Brookshire Brothers heading into Cameron. Service starts at 10:00 and is usually over between 11:30 and 12:00.
This mans name is Woody Spinks and I hope I never forget it
Happy 21st. MGBYAKY I LOVE YOU >>>--Cochise-->
When Kathy got home that evening I met her out in the driveway to give her that letter with the $25.00 in it. As she got out of the car she told me she was on empty and I cried as I gave her the letter. You see, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel, she had to go to work the next day, which was also payday, but she needed gas money to go put in a days work and get her paycheck. My life changed at that very instant because the Lord was the only one that knew what was going to happen that afternoon.
MGBYAKY Love to All Me

1 comment: