Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Deffinately Constructive Criticism

Hi Everybody ....... :}

I did some thinking on this one I just finished a few hours ago. I have been giving you ones that have been written for awhile, you know, trying to keep things in a semi kind of order. But really, what kind of order you may try to keep doesn't compair to the conviction of the order the Holy Spirit puts on you, right? So here it is.

Through My Mind’s Eye
Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Edited by Jesus Christ


Being Judgmental or just Constructive Criticism


I started this this morning, this being Sunday, October 18, 2009, while sitting in church. These words were just coming to me and I had to write them down. It started almost immediately during the praise and worship and went on until almost the end of the service with only a couple breaks. Yes, I heard most everything that was going on and even stood once to praise our Lord during a special worship song.

Who am I to think things should be different from the way they are? I feel like an outsider looking in, seeing the way things are, knowing things aren’t right, thinking my words will fall on deaf ears. Day by day concern and irritation building, I must give this to my Lord now or it will destroy me and all that I have been working for; my walk with my Lord and Savior, Jesus. This is not my burden to carry, or is it? I can’t help the way I feel! It’s sometimes so impossible to smile and act like one doesn’t care! I need to continue to ask my Lord to keep me in check, keep his hand over my mouth and muzzle me if need be. It may not be for me to say or act on such a burden that I have taken upon myself, or have I? Am I being prepared, groomed for what God’s Will need’s be done? Why have these things been shown to me now? This is the question that is troubling me! Why?!
There are so many things, some trivial one may think, but still wrong in a wrongful way. Others are and or could be Sevier in such a way that someone could get hurt. The fact remains, wisdom has been ignored for the purpose of what; being ignorant of others around and/or involved, directly or indirectly? I think of James right now, chapter 1, verses 5 – 8; 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Here is where I ask myself; am I being driven with the wind and tossed like a wave? At times I do feel tossed, tossed like a piece of driftwood among the rivers rapids, the current not allowing me to continue on down to the sea. I know that this is my impatience, not letting God deal with things in his own time, wanting to be right in my feelings, praying that it is He that has shown me these things and not my own doings. I don’t consider myself a double minded man and I’m not angry, just concerned and a bit irritated. I believe my irritation stems from the feeling that whatever I say will be ignored because I don’t have all the bible learning as most. But on the other hand, I can’t help thinking, what if God has chosen me as a messenger? Why doesn’t He just go right to the source? If that was the case, then why did he choose all the men and women in the Bible to spread His word?
As you can see, this old piece of driftwood has more than just a few questions and that is probably why I am stuck in the middle of the rivers rapids, being beat black and blue, bent and broken, waiting for my answers. Is this where Romans 12:2 + 3 comes in? 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Did you know that we think more of our pets with all their needs than we do about another human being? If you are really concerned, think long and hard about what I just said. If not, I’m sorry!
I have been hearing about “being critical”, or “criticizing” lately. Is this what I have become, a critic? The dictionary describes “critic”, “critical”, “criticizing”, and “criticism” as be judgmental in a negative manner and we all know what Jesus said in Matthew 7:1 + 2; 1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.” Has my mouth slipped into gear on occasion before I could grab the shift lever and something has been said? The Lord knows my heart, I am not being judgmental! It is a “constructive criticism” that I want to convey, a positive outlook as to the things being said and/or done. Does the Bible say anything to this kind of “judgment”? Is not the Bible filled with “constructive criticisms” for Gods children to follow? In Luke 12:57 Yea, and why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?” What is right? The things that are right morally come from the very depths of your soul; it is the gray matter between your ears that gets things all messed up, wanting to sidestep your true path with Jesus. And in John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.” Is my “constructive criticism” / “judgment” righteous?
I know, how can you make a righteous judgment of me and my feelings if you don’t know what they are? Well, if I have anything to say it should be between me and the person and/or persons that I feel have the problems, right? I know that this may be hard to follow but please try. I am trying to convey my dilemma to you to possibly help you with something of the same nature. Please keep in mind that I don’t do this for pity. I actually feel good with all the words that have been written, it’s called being one with the Holy Spirit!
I found in Proverbs 25:14 +15 14 Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain. 15 By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.” A “soft tongue”, reminds me of another verse out of the New Testament about being slow to anger and slow to speak. I know for a fact that anger begets anger and you can’t talk since into a person that has had too much to drink. A “soft tongue” is so hard for us to do. Am I being groomed for that “soft tongue” before I speak?
I do feel better now that I have put all this down to paper. Thank you my Holy Spirit for the guidance you have shared with me. Thanks to all of you for your patience and reading this. I pray that you were able to get something from this.

Remember; JLY & MGBYAKY
Love to All Skippy/Cochise
Tuesday, October 20, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment