Monday, November 9, 2009

To my son, Scott

Hi Everybody ....... :)
I happen to be thinking of another inspiration for you all to read and this one immediately jumped out at me. I did not understand why until I read it. Some of these I post for you I haven't read for awhile so I like to read them before I make the post. Anyway, even though I have posted this inspiration for all of you, my heart really goes out to my son Scott at this time because he has shown some wise choices lately on his life with his walk with Jesus and our Father God and I'm sure their chests are puffed out with pride a lot farther than mine could ever reach.
I Love Scott!



Through my mind’s Eye
Inspired by the Holy Spirit
Edited by Jesus Christ

Wisdom

What is Wisdom? The dictionary defines it as; “1. The power of true and right discernment; also, conformity to the course of action dictated by such discernment. 2. Good practical judgment; common sense. 3. A high degree of knowledge.”
Do we really know what Wisdom is and how we obtain it? Some say it comes with age; the older we get the wiser we become. Or a young child, teen or adult that we describe as; wise beyond their years. My father once called me wise when the words I chose to help him over a hump with his #1 son hit home. He is now climbing a mountain trying to understand why I turned down his calling me wise and giving all the credit to the Holy Spirit. At the time I didn’t understand the wisdom I spoke to him, I just knew that the Holy Spirit, on request through prayer, was with me as I wrote.
As I thought about Wisdom the more I wanted to know about it and if I am truly a wise person. I think I fit the definition the dictionary has to offer pretty well. But I still wasn’t satisfied and I started looking in the Bible to see if I fit in the Wisdom Category of our Lord. As I read I learned how our Wisdom is obtained.
When the Lord spoke to Moses in Exodus 31:3 “And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship”, 2 Chronicles 1:11&12 “ Then God said to Solomon: “Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked riches or wealth or honor or the life of your enemies, nor have you asked long life – but have asked wisdom and knowledge for yourself, that you may judge My people over whom I have made you king – (12) wisdom and knowledge are granted to you; and I will give you riches and wealth and honor, such as none of the kings have had who were before you, nor shall any after you have the like””. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: (8) for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, (9) to another faith by the same Spirit , to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, (10) to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. (11) But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.” Colossians 2:1-3 “for I want you to know what a great conflict I have for you and those in Laodicea, and for as many as have not seen my face in the flesh, (2) that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, and attaining to all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the knowledge of the mystery of God, both of the Father and of Christ, (3) in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” Colossians 4:5&6 “Walk in wisdom toward those who are outside, redeeming the time. (6) Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.”
These are just 4 books, 13 verses out of 28 books, 214 verses from the Bible that talk about Wisdom. I have not read them all but the ones that I have read have given me my answer to the definition of Wisdom. It is not something we earn or acquire with age. There is no worldly price for it so we can’t go to the corner market and buy it. It is a GIFT FROM GOD!
So why then don’t we have this Gift of Wisdom 24/7? I think very few people do. I am not one of them, but I know that God will give it to me when I ask, uncertain as to how this fleshly form is going to act or react. When I write I ask the Holy Spirit for help and guide me in the words that I want to put to paper. I now know that the help that I am asking for is in fact, God’s Gift of Wisdom to express my thoughts, my feelings in a manner to honor His Glory, His Wisdom, not mine.
Is it wise to know the ways of the world we live in? Yes! There are far too many things and people out there that would like nothing better to do than take advantage of us. We should take our time and think things through. Clear our heads of what we want to do and ask the Lord for the Wisdom to make the right choice. All too often we jump in with both feet only to sink in up to our necks because we only see what we want to see. It would be more pleasant to walk on the water, hand in hand with Jesus than to drown in a mud puddle.
Thank you Father God for all that you have done, all that you are doing and all that is yet to come. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen

JLU & MGBYAKY
Love to All

1 comment: