Saturday, December 12, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS - - again

Hi Everybody ....... :)
I almost forgot this piece. I wrote this to the church 5 months after I was Born Again and would like to share it with whom ever reads my blog.
Love to All Me

The Little Boy who beats his Drum

This time of year has always been very special to me. Of all the Christmas songs that I love listening to, my favorite is “The Little Drummer Boy”. No gold, no silver, nothing of worldly value. What he gave to baby Jesus was a pa-rum-pum-pum-pum from his heart on his drum. Even though there was no little drummer boy that played his drum for baby Jesus you will find his spiritual presence throughout the Bible, Old and New Testament.
In the carol it reads: “I am a poor boy too, I have no gift to bring, That’s fit to give the King”. What this poor boy gave was the richest and most precious gift that could ever be given, LOVE. The words of this short and simple song have always kept me going when all I have had to offer was my Love.
“Then He smiled at me, me and my drum”. I think that it would have been a smile from ear to ear because of the Love that poured out of that little drummer boys heart to honor our King of Kings, Jesus.
As you have shared your Loving and caring hearts with me and my family, I do the same for all of you. I am truly blessed to have been guided by the Holy Spirit to a wonderful and Loving place to learn about the WORD and seek myself within.

I LOVE YOU ALL
Skippy (Brad)
22 Dec. 2007

1 comment:

  1. I also like this song....and yes, the little drummer boy gave his love and the best he had to the Savior. We should do likewise in all we do. I realize the song has no basis in reality, but I still like it...always have. Sure wish more folks would follow his example and give their hearts and love to helping others....sigh. One day, it'll all happen one day! Shalom, Spitfire

    ReplyDelete